Long term storage (winterization)
Anytime the Flex BP is not in use for longer periods of time, always try to keep the state of charge between 20% and 80% (4 LEDs). Before you use it again, charge it fully (5 LEDs) to enjoy the full capacity of your Flex BP. Failure to store the Flex BP at a recommended state of charge can deplete the cells beyond recovery and render the entire Flex BP unusable (an action not covered by the Awake Care© or warranty).
Make sure to adhere to the following steps for winterization:
- Rinse all parts of the board and battery with fresh water, and make sure to let everything dry properly
- Spray the connector modules on both the board and the battery with a contactor spray
- Charge the battery to 80% (four bars on the LED display).
- Disconnect the PKL (you can leave the Flex BP on the charger if convenient)
- Check the battery every few weeks by simply connecting the PKL.
- When you notice that the charge level has dropped to three bars on the LED display, let the Flex BP charge for 15-20 minutes, or until the charge level has gone up to four bars on the LED display.