REVISION DATE1. This warranty policy is valid from Nov. 14, 2023.
WHAT IS COVERED IN THE WARRANTY?
- The warranty policy applies to all Product(s) sold by Awake, or any authorized reseller, retailer, or partner confirmed by Awake (collectively referred to as ‘Awake’ below).
- Awake guarantees that its Products will be free of defects arising from faulty materials or poor craftsmanship in the normal use of the Product for the period set in this document.
WHAT IS THE LENGTH OF THE WARRANTY?
- The warranty is valid for 24 months from the date you receive your new Product(s).
- To keep the warranty valid, a mandatory service check-up must be performed after 12 months. Reach out to email@example.com for more information.
- The warranty is additional to any applicable statutory guarantees and locally regulated consumer laws.
CAN ANYONE MAKE A WARRANTY CLAIM?
- If you are the owner of the Products, and if you purchased the Product(s) directly from Awake or from an authorized Awake reseller, you can make a claim.
- The invoice of the purchase will be used as proof of ownership and to confirm that the period is active for the specific Product(s).
- The warranty policy can be transferred, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to finalize.
Note: In the case of a transfer, the warranty period is not extended, only transferred.
HOW DO I GET A WARRANTY CLAIM HONORED?
- If you believe you have a warranty claim, please contact Awake following the instructions below. We will guide you through the process of determining whether you have a valid claim or not. This will most of the time involve working with you via photos and/or videos and/or other forms of content to assess the nature and extent of the issue.
- All determinations will be made by Awake in accordance with this policy document and will be final.
- When a warranty claim is valid based on confirmation from Awake, none of the exceptions below apply and it is not otherwise covered by local law (see below), Awake will take one of the following actions, at our discretion:
- Provide you with a replacement Product (in the case of a part, a replacement of the relevant part which is defective) free of charge and in the same quantity as was initially purchased;
- repair the defective Product;
- pay for the cost of repairing the Product or providing the replacement Product.
- Awake reserves the right to charge the person claiming the warranty for the reasonable delivery costs to supply the replacement Product if Awake accepts their claim.
- Unless anything else is specified in the reseller agreement of the specific reseller that the purchase was made from, any replacement made as a result of a valid warranty claim, where the original purchase was made through one of Awake’s retailers and/or partners, the replacement Product(s) will be shipped to this retailer and/or partner’s operational location stated in the retailer/partner contract/agreement. The retailer/partner is responsible for forwarding the replacement Product(s) to the customer.
- Note: If we receive a Product submitted to Awake under a warranty claim and we determine, upon a thoroughly made inspection, that it is not a valid warranty claim, we will require that you pay for the costs of shipping the Product both to Awake and the return shipment back to you before we release your Product. We will also advise you of any service charges if we determine that a service is necessary for the Products, but will not conduct any service work until you have first approved this and paid an invoice accordingly.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THE WARRANTY?
- The warranty does not cover:
- Damage that is caused by misuse, vandalism, interference, or neglect;
- damage resulting from maintenance and care that is not in accordance or compliance with Awake's maintenance procedure, which you are obliged to follow, and which is available, for example, in the manual accompanying the Products in connection with the purchase;
- damage resulting from use that is not in accordance or compliance with Awake’s maintenance procedure;
- damage caused by the use of accessories or parts that are not manufactured, or otherwise approved by Awake;
- a Product in which the seal of any kind is broken or otherwise tampered with;
- a Product where the carbon fiber hull has been compromised;
- damage resulting from the use of the Product for which it is not designed;
- a Product that has been repaired or modified by someone other than by Awake’s personnel or a person authorized by Awake to do so;
- personal injury, death, property damage, or financial loss, regardless of how it occurred;
- warranty claims made later than two (2) months from when you became aware of the defect, the material damage, or from when a reasonable person should have become aware of the material damage or defect;
- damage caused by or resulting from normal wear and tear, negligent use, willful misconduct, or malicious or improper handling, including but not to errors or omissions made by you or another person using the Products, including use in unsafe locations, and/or use in unsafe conditions, such as bad weather or otherwise not in accordance with the Product manual(s) and/or Instructions provided with the Product.
- Awake reserves the right to alter its Product specifications, manuals, and/or instructions and introduce improvements at any time. Please visit our website: www.awakeboards.com, to see the latest updated information
- The warranty does not cover:
LOCAL LEGISLATION AND REGULATIONS MAY HAVE DIFFERENT REQUIREMENTS
- Nothing in the warranty excludes or restricts statutory guarantees that cannot be excluded under local laws and regulations. The warranty should be read subject to the provisions of all relevant local laws, and, where required, Awake will honor its obligations under those laws and regulations.
- The warranty is additional to any applicable statutory guarantees.
HOW TO CONTACT AWAKE FOR WARRANTY SERVICE
- For warranty services please use one of the following forms of contact:
- Awake will require the following documentation to verify and support your :
- The receipt of purchase or the delivery receipt;
- the invoice number of the purchase;
- the name of the customer and address;
- the purchaser’s e-mail and phone number;
- a description of the defect to the Product;
- If required by Awake; photos, videos, and other material relating to the malfunctioning Product(s)
- any further information reasonably requested by Awake to verify and support the claim.